Myanmar, the Land of Golden Pagodas, recently is becoming an attractive destination of many tourists. Knowing some travel guides will not only make your trip in 2018 be easier and more convenient but also help you save a lot of money. So let’s look at some our travel guides below:
Ideal time to visit
When is the best time you should travel to Myanmar? Weather in Myanmar is divided into three main seasons; from February to May, it is very hot and little rain; from June to October is the rainy season while from October to February next year, it is dry and cold. Therefore, the period from November to February is considered the best time to travel Myanmar. However, it is also the peak season of Myanmar tourism, the tourist destinations can be very crowded and the costs may be higher so if you want to save money, you also can visit Myanmar in low season.
The currency of Burma is Kyat. You can exchange money at the bank, at the airport, major shopping centers or at the area surrounding BogYoke Market in Yangon. You should bring cash which must be new, not torn or crumpled. Besides Kyat, USD is also widely used in Myanmar.
Transportation in Myanmar
To travel between the cities in Myanmar, you can go by airplane or intercity buses. Buses are often recommended because they are faster and cheaper than airplane. The long-distance buses usually depart from 4pm to 10pm and arrive at dawn the following day.
Here are some popular long-distance buses in Myanmar:
- Bagan – Yangon: JJ Express, departure time: 8:30am, arrival time: 5:30pm.
- Mandalay – Bagan: Shwe Mann Thu Bus, departure time: 8:30am, arrival time: 12:30pm.
- Bagan – Mandalay: Bagan Minthar Bus, departure time: 8:00am, arrival time: 2:00pm.
- Yangon – Mandalay: Elite Bus, departure time: 9:30pm, arrival time: 5:00am.
- Mandalay – Yangon: Elite Bus, departure time: 9:30pm, arrival time: 5:00am.
- Yangon – Bagan: Bagan Minthar Bus, A Yein Damar Bus, departure time: 8:30pm, arrival time: 6:30am.
The hotel’s price in Myanmar is usually higher than other Southeast Asian countries, so you should check carefully before booking a hotel. If you want to travel easily, you should choose hotels located in the city center or near bus stations.
Hotels in Myanmar are mainly located around major tourist destinations such as Bagan, Yangon, Mandalay, Inle Lake, depending on your budget and destinations, you can choose the suitable accommodation. Here are some of hotels you can refer to:
- Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon (5-star): 40 Natmauk Road, Tamwe Township, Bahan, Yangon.
- Lee Hotel (3-star): 129 Lanmadaw, Lanmadaw Township, Yangon.
- 20th Street Hotel: No.23, 20th Street (Lower Block), Latha Township.
- Sedona Hotel Mandalay (5-star): No. 1, Junction of 26th and 66th Street, Chan Aye Tharzan Township.
- Hotel Yadanarbon (3-star): No.125,31st St, Between 76th & 77th St, Chan Aye Thar Zan Township
- Fortune Hotel (1-star): 31st Street, between 82nd and 83rd.
- Aye Yar River View Resort (4-star): Near Bu Pagoda, between royal palace and Irrawaddy River bank, Old Bagan
- Shwe Na Di Guest House (1-star): Main Road , Nyaung-U, Bagan
- Shwe Inn Tha Floating Resort (4-star): Inle Lake, Nyaung Shwe Township, Southern Inle Lake.
- Golden Empress Hotel (3-star): No 19, Phaung Daw Pyan Street, Mingalar Quarter, Nyaung Shwe Township, Nyaung Shwe.
- Sweet Inn (1-star): Big Drum Compound, Canal Road, Win Quarter 3, near the TaitNan Bridge, Nyaung Shwe.
Highlights of sightseeing
The famous destinations in Myanmar are often quite far apart, so you should spend 7-10 days to explore this land. The suggested itinerary is: Yangon – Bagan – Mandalay – Inle – Yangon, each place, you have about 2 days to visit and rest.
Mandalay and surrounding areas: Mandalay, Mingun (Min Kun), Pyin Ou Lwin, Mrauk-U, Sagaing, Inn Wa (Inhwa – Inwa), Bagan,…
Area located between Mandalay – Yangon: Inle Lake – Nyaung Shwe Town, Nay Pyi Taw (Naypyidaw), Pyay, …
Yangon and southern Myanmar: Yangon, beaches in the Bay of Bengal, Bago, Mawlamyine,…
Tea leaf salad, green tomato salad, Shan rice, Shan noodles, Myanmar curry, Tea Mix, snacks,… are all must-try dishes in Myanmar. Some of the cheap restaurants tourist can visit: Golden Restaurant, Golden Emperor Restaurant, Moon Vegetarian, Myanmar Foods House, Harmony BBQ (Bagan); Golden Kite, Smilling Moon, Green Chilli, Aurora (Inle Lake);…
Read more Burma information and travel guides in Myanmar, please visit our website. Like, share this post if it is helpful for you!